The other day I got to help Finding Them Homes take some puppies down to an event in Toronto. There is nothing so interesting as
no images were found
Just as the mug shot says, “all you need is love and a rescue dog”. All my life dogs have been an important part of my family. They demonstrate and reinforce important qualities like loyalty, unconditional love, affection, kindness, discipline and so much more. Dogs are four-legged children and companions who are playful, faithful, protective, nature loving creatures. What qualities do you see when you look at these dog photos I’ve shot recently?
Petmd.com lists 5 top reasons we love dogs so much:
- Love! – “Dogs wait at the door when they know you’re coming home. They dance for you with excitement when they see you. And they’re always deliriously ecstatic to see you.”
- (Wo)Man’s Best Friend, Forever – “Unlike the latest gadget or gizmo, you’ll never grow tired of a dog. From the infancy of a puppy to the regality of an old dog, canines are a constant source of surprises and rewards.”
- The Cheapest Shrink Around – dogs love us no matter what. They’re always prepared to listen to us and they want to snuggle.
- An Instant Exercise Partner – as soon as you pick up a leash, your dog gets super excited. Dogs encourage us to go for walks. With dogs, it doesn’t even feel like exercise but a joyful walk in the park.
- Not a Chef? Not a Problem – dogs love us because we love them not because we’re excellent cooks!
I recently was asked to shoot 26 Porritt St. in Barrie. This beautifully renovated and staged two storey home was a pleasure to shoot. The staging enhanced the clear lines of the rooms. I tried to provide shots from different angles to demonstrate the home’s potential. The wide driveway and fenced backyard are ideal for family use. The photographs try and highlight the attractive landscaping and subtle colour selection. If you are interested in seeing more of pictures you can check Realtor.ca. The house was still listed when I posted this article.
Point Pelee and surrounding countryside is one of the major points of entry of migrating birds into Canada. In May the area is alive with hundreds of different species. This year I was there a little later in the season. There might not have been as much variety as there is earlier in the month, it was still a great time, and as always I saw some old friends and some I had never seen before.
The Huronia Symphony Orchestra has celebrated their 50th anniversary this year. Their final performance for the season was a Mothers Day concert. It is very stirring when over 50 musicians perform together in perfect harmony.
no images were found
Lindsay has started to take an interest in some of the things that used to be in her Great Great Grandmothers china cabinet. I wouldn’t say they were great crystal but it is interesting and not something I see very often. I doubt if any of it would servive a ride in a dishwasher.
Valentines Day is coming soon. Do you celebrate Valentines? Do you know what you are going to do for valentines day yet? Traditionally I think most people go with chocolates, flowers, or both. Some years if I am feeling particularly creative I will break the mold and do something different. Sometimes it works well and sometimes not. How creative have you been, what has been your most favorite valentines gift so far?